View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
What are you and your husband holding on? A loveless, irretrievably broken marriage......... He might be swinging to fill the empty sex life, but there might come a day when he wants to feel loved. You cannot give that to him, so you need to free him so he can find a woman who can give him what he needs. Ry
I hear ya but, when you've been married as long as I have and have what every sees as being special it's hard to give up lifelong security and friendship. We met in 10th grade and never separated once. We are pretty much all each other has. Our kids are grown and we don't have many " friends" or family. True we don't have lust, passion, etc... all the things that come with a new relationship and we aren't having sex and on the rare occasions we do I'm usually crying siliently.....but I do not see other marriages as long as ours having that either. It's gonna be hard but I definetly agree with you that we need to talk honestly. He does not want Poly and says most woman don't want that either. He wants me to want him...but I just don't know how to make that happen. I want him as my best friend but not much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
I am not understanding how you can blame him for wanting to be upstanding and wanting to do the right thing by his children. How about you be a good friend and support him? If you love him, then, you should want to be a shoulder he can cry on or just be there to listen to him. Circumstances mean you cannot be romantically involved. Divorce eventually comes to a head. Children get older.

Ry
He did get full custody of his children but other leagal issues are pending with the divorce. I'm not blaming him but it seems that his reasons are not solid and he didn't think before he got involved with me again. He's walked away from me and left me with problems I didn't know I would have after all this. He's not there for me to talk to since I don't want to burden him with anything because I do love him and want to be supportive of what's going on with him. Also he hasn't reached out to me at all. When I confront him about it, he just says he doesn't want me to get crazy. There is no promise of a future. He says in 6 years when his life is his own he'll be able to do what he wants.