View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
If you bring any of your colonial attitudes with intent to practice these ideals of your's towards my "family", it won't be pretty for ANY of you.~
Wow. Really?
I don't plan on "retarding the growth" of your "family" - this is an exchange of ideas, not a smackdown.

We have no idea about the way that other species 'think' or how their lives 'work' in 'their' point of view and so we only guess at the best what is really going on with them.~

This does not make us 'higher' than them in any sort of 'non-subjective' way, this does not 'make their behavior justifiable in a non-subjective' way, this does not 'make our Human behavior justifiable in any non-subjective way', and this does not 'make us any kind of 'experts' or 'professionals' on them in a way that is not subjective or relative to our own species'.~

The point is we truly don't know and any claim made otherwise of one by our own species is simply pure arrogance, narcissism, ignorance, and foolishness.~
We know what we observe, however. No, I can't ascribe motive to it, but it sure seems that my cats enjoy the companionship.

Many Humans are selfish and will try to keep their 'pets' 'children' forever.~

The sad thing is they often succeed and they retard the mental growth of the non-Human.~

There's no excuse for it, every creature will naturally become an adult and to intentionally treat them as "children", never teaching them how to live on their own, you are purposely setting them up to fail, and there is nothing more cruel or sicking than that
And, pray tell, how do I teach a domesticated cat to live in the wild on its own? Especially when I adopted mine at (their) ages 10 and 8? Perhaps the system "failed" these animals a while ago, but I don't believe I'm doing my cats a disservice by adopting them as "seniors" and letting them live in a loving home.
Dramatis personae:
Me: Mono. Divorced, two kids (DanceGirl, 14; and PokéGirl, 12), two cats, one house, many projects.
Chops: My partner. Poly. In relationships with me, Xena, and Noa.
Xena: Poly. In a relationship with Chops. Dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In a relationship with Chops.

External blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk