View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 PM

Funny. Just to give another perspective, when my ex and I split after 30 years, I wanted lovers, I wanted sex of different kinds, kink, passion, new ideas coming from the heads of new people. I did NOT want another serious full time lover.

But the universe had different ideas for me, and soon after I began dating I met a woman I am still with almost 5 years later. However, I kept dating and enjoyed the company of a few dozen others along the way.

We could get married in my state of Mass., but I don't want to. My other partner is already married and has a very good relationship with his wife. We've been together almost 2 years with everything going so well, I see no end in sight for him and me either. I've stopped trying to date. I feel set, basically, unless somehow the universe has different ideas for me once again.

I started my life over at age 54. Took guts, I suppose, but I just needed more than my ex could provide me with. We'd grown apart, and though our sex life together was spectacular, I needed more intimacy. I was soooo tired of his baggage.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37