View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying - travel and such...

Quote:
OK, mostly straight on the lesbian/straight continuum. Just a little bit bi. I know there is a continuum. I'm kinda 60% straight, 40% lesbian and all queer!
Huh, maybe that's a way to describe it - they're on the continuum but don't feel queer at all. Never thought of it that way.

Quote:
Glad you like each other enough to make long range plans of maybe all living under one roof some day. (Although it might be nice to have 2 houses very close by instead... Just so everyone has plenty of personal space, but visiting often back and forth is easy.)
Well, yeah, right now we live a few blocks from each other in a nice residential neighborhood. We've made PLENTY of comments about AM buying a house next door to us. None of which are for sale. But that does actually sound like the better logistical option. Then it becomes an issue of who sleeps where - we kinda like the idea of a single bed, right now.

Everything else about living together is really not easy - many kids and a house that could absorb them, but with difficulty. The parents get along with each other's kids (it's relatively new, after only a few months, so it's hard to tell the details) and we're on the same page about language - being an auntie/uncle rather than a second mom, if that makes sense. I don't mind the concept of a huge family, though...

Quote:
When I first met miss pixi, we made long range plans: she said, let's go to that special music fest together in 8 months... Planning to move in together took 4 years...
I can imagine that it would take us that long, if we ever get there. I'll keep writing about it as the months pass, I suppose. At the moment, it seems really impossibly far in the future, but still something that we are all thinking about.

The shorter-range long-term plans, we're working on those. We have trips for the winter, trips for next summer, a lot of places where our lives are simply interweaving. Silly but true - we started a joint calendar to allow us a shared sense of planning. The fabric feels whole, with her. My marriage is entirely changed as a result - that's been good, so far - and it turns out that it's easy (and sometimes really hard) to plan into the future. There is a bit of a realization of "my god, we're really doing this," and wondering how long we will succeed at it. And how.