View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverDwellers View Post
My husband and I feel like we live simply. We have a small house that is in the country and really, we don't need any more space. We did have a bigger place when the kids were at home, but now they are all grown up and so it was unnecessary.

A big dream of ours is to have a small camper and just go when we retire. Live on the open road and live simply. It would be a dream!
That sounds lovely.~ ^_^

LovingRadiance, perhaps we can have great conversations of our own about living simply and traveling!~ ^_^

I really really am going to do it, I mean I'm already going to start my life for the next 4 years in the U.S.A.'s Navy on February 13, 2014, I might as well start living simply from that moment on that means less to pack, no house filled with stuff to move with my Navy life, and I could just pack up my backpack and be ready to go just like that!~ ^_^

The Navy is from what I'm told a very unpredictable nomadic lifestyle so it lines up perfectly with my life wants!~ ^_^

I just got to figure out what do you pack in a backpack you are going to live your life out of?~ ^_^

I've never actually lived on my own before, I have my own views of things and my own way of living I am working towards, so I'm not sure what to pack.~

For example: I am working towards and plan on living as close to a life without the concept of "trash" at all, so any thing and every thing I pack I plan on either composting, selling, or giving away if I no longer want to use some thing.~

I plan on getting a real wooden bowl and a real wooden spoon both actually carved from real wood to put in my pack: I could use these for every thing from drinking rainwater to eating almost any thing I want, this is very useful to me since I refuse to use any kind of the popular 'disposable' eating tools like styrofoam and plastic the use of being incredibly wasteful, harmful to the environment, and completely unnecessary.~

I'm still not sure what to pack for soap.~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 11-08-2013 at 05:49 AM.