View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Triads, an established couple looking for a single woman for a poly fidelitous 3way, we all share sex together thing, is NOT the only way to do poly. Why do so many people think that is THE way to do poly? It's odd, really.
Although I don't really have anything to add to the real topic at hand, this is why I don't use the word "Poly" any more to describe my relationship with P. Without fail, I get the, "Oh, so that means you all..." with the "nudge nudge wink wink" look, and have to spend more time explaining what it's NOT than what it IS.

Bleh.

<Curmudgeon mode>
This is why I despise the Showtime/sensationalist stuff - it only reinforces this hawt3waysex stereotype. I personally don't want more of this type of "awareness". It just makes things more difficult when all I want is a damned relationship with the guy.
</Curmudgeon mode>
Xena (previously known as M1): My metamour, Poly. Also in an LTR with Chops. Dating Noa and some others.
Noa (previously AG): Dating Chops and Xena (individually).

My navel-gazing blog thread:
A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")