View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
I did not check in with my ex about my maternal desires. The urge to become a mum was strong enough to override any objections she would have had or any love we shared. I wanted to have a child with my husband, and I was going to do it. If she had told me she was not okay with it, I would have opened the door and let her walk on out. Honestly? It was not something I wanted to discuss with people including her. At that point, we had been together for eight years. It was a private matter between my husband and myself. We wanted to keep it between us. I told her that I was going to have my implant removed in the hopes of conceiving. I did not desire her sexually during that time, but we were going at it like rabbits. The only difference is she was not in our home when it happened.
Jesus. This makes me want to walk out the door right now. If this is how she feels, and she's not telling me, I would feel extremely taken advantage of and used.

I've told her from the beginning that I will support her no matter what. I want to be there for her any way I can. But the way I see it, is if she doesn't feel as strongly for me as I feel for her, then I need to say goodbye.

Thank you for your honesty and for sharing your experience. It was difficult to read, but very helpful.