View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Re: issues on graphic display ... I was thinking more along the lines of, "I have anger issues, here let me show you," and you punch the other person out. "Inappropriate display." It's better if you just explain it to them, describe it to them, or whatever.

If clothing-training-by-shame was not the approach used when you were growing up, are there people you know who did get that kind of warped training? I got the impression you felt this was a widespread problem that was happening in a lot of homes, am I reading that wrong?

Your parents sound cool and open-minded from your description; I'm envious.

Re:

Do I have permission? Kidding. Sure, I'll go for your internet hug. May it stick for many years to come.

Re: Halloween ... sooo depressing. No kids come to our door. Well, maybe when we move to Seattle-ish that'll change.

---

@ london ... thanks for your compilation of internet no-no's (of the ... "over-emphasis" kind). From what I've seen in my forum experiences, it's a pet peeve of quite a few regular users out there.
No my parents still told us to keep our clothes on but they didn't really go out of their way to make us feel bad about being without clothing and if they did it never really stuck with me: if any thing didn't feel 'right' to me throughout my whole life it kind of never really 'stuck' to me, that's just the kind of person I've always been I think.~

It was more like things that didn't feel 'right' to me kind of just 'clung' if they could onto me, so from my perspective it didn't take that long: only a couple of years, to 'un-learn' these things.~

I'm still working on completely getting rid of my 'crowd shame' but it's taking longer but still making good progress since I don't often 'go out' as other people do.~

Halloween isn't just about candy silly: it's about joy and having fun just like any other holiday!~ ^_^

Thanks for the internet hug *huggles*!~ ^_^ You're so sweet!~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~