View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 01:51 PM

It's two pages ago, so scrolling and quoting is too haaaaaaaaaard, BUT...

Kevin, I think you posed an interesting question as to why people hide pieces of themselves from others.

I am an extrovert. I enjoy being around people, period. However, with that comes the knowledge that some of these people, while fun to talk with about <x> or <y>, don't really need to know certain pieces of myself. It's sort of a gatekeeping mechanism, where the people closest to me get "those parts" and those who aren't, well... don't.

Not that people don't move in and out of that "zone" (is there a friendzone and a closefriendzone? ), but that's kind of the way I think about it. I just don't talk "deep" with some people, and really wouldn't want to. It's not about self-preservation, or fear, or shame. It's just more about the type of friendship, I suppose.

Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone but me, but I'm on a bit of a leftover candy rush, so there ya go.
Xena (previously M1): Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa (previously AG): Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

My navel-gazing blog thread:
A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")