Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
I am happy about having a healthy marriage, but then, I feel like something is wrong with me for being happy in a mono marriage.
Life is fluid and we tend to go through stages. I know people who never wanted to have kids and were perfectly happy without any, now they find themselves with 2 and are surprised at how happy they are. My oldest has just joined the army and is no longer living at home. My emotions are mixed. I'm thrilled and yet I miss him greatly, then I feel guilty because I can be happy even when a part of me is missing right now.

Quote:
I have doubts about what I once was and how I did things before because the truth of the matter is, I am happier now than I ever was with two relationships. I am significantly happier.
Part of that may be related to the secret war that Si was waging to undermine your marriage. While you didn't see what was happening, the chaos and turmoil was there.

As far as wiring - just because you are capable of loving multiple people, doesn't mean you have the resources (mental, physical, etc) to do so at this point or in any foreseeable future. This is not a bad thing.