Thread: in over my head
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
try not to get your hopes too high up there just yet.
Is there a chance this could lead to a regular schedule of you/her sleeping-together nights? Indeed there is, which is super wonderful. But in the meantime, all bets are off. We do not know how her husband is *really* going to react to his wife sleeping even one night with another man. Could turn out fine, could melt down into a roiling pit of drama.
I think the same thing Kevin, that he is unsure how he feels about it. Let me backtrack a little bit. She did tell me that she was going to ask him again and when she told me that I said, "I really want for you to stay over sometimes but I have let go of it. If you can great, if not that's fine too." See, after last week with the whole swinging issue, I realized that I need to be able to let her go. I'd rather not but saw it as a distinct possibility.

So I changed the way I thought about us and quit trying so hard to guess how it all would go. Acceptance of the moment instead of hope for the future. Unsurprisingly, that made it easier to be all the way there with her when we were together and when we made love Friday, the connection was unreal. She said only one other person had ever taken her there.

That's when she started sending me hearts and professing her love. So there were a lot of changes this week. She came over and we cuddled. I could just cry at what a great cuddle that was too. It was the kind where you feel like one. This was all clothed too. We have many times sat and cuddled but it feels different now. No resistance, openness.

On Monday, her husband sent her the new CNN article about polyamory, Polyamory: When three isn't a crowd. I'm pretty sure it's still difficult for him though because after I agreed to host her Friday and go out with the both of them Saturday she said, "I feel like I've made a mess of things."