View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post
I agree very much with you about shame being destructive. Regarding bodies and nudity, I find it far more useful to be able to appreciate my body by thinking about the good things that it can do.

Running, sharing knowledge, working with dogs, programming computers, having sex spring to mind - lots and lots of good things. Things to be appreciated.

That way I spend less time worrying about being a bit overweight and less time focusing on the bits of myself that I don't like.

I suspect that I haven't completely read all of your posts but I did concentrate a lot on the claims you made about non-humans and your use of them to justify your own world view. I prefer that non-humans be thought as individuals as much as humans are because they are and so I find myself a little irritated to read about all non-humans being lumped together in one mass as you seem to do sometimes.

Your words that I picked up on were:

From post 57

Repeated in post 66

There is nowhere there that you say you now disagree with that sentiment. In fact, you were stating it as an obvious and 'logical' fact.

You also said:

From post 59

So I took you at your word and was pointing out that all non-humans do not have a single natural 'mentality' and that hurting one another just for being touched unexpectedly isn't a common part of interaction between non-humans. Nor is it between human beings.

IP
I hope you can forgive my overgeneralization of non-Humans.~ ^_^

I have corrected myself with my post responding to your's and I hoped you noticed that as well:

"In regards to my statements on "wild creatures",: you are right, I'm sorry, I will say that "from my knowledge of interactions between non-wild Humans and and wild creatures" I have seen this kind of behavior of "caution" that could easily become "violent".~

Of course, our observations of other species can never be truly considered "the leading experts" as the only "leading experts" are those of the species in question themselves as our methods of communication with those outside our own species is still called into question as to their validity and to their stability: we just don't know any thing for sure.~"

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~