Thread: Feeling Lost
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 04:28 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstone View Post
I agree with the others, but don't forget that you cannot legally kick someone out once they are moved in without some serious notice,...Written agreement, and notice in fact, in many states.
I am not sure what the legal requirement for notice is where the OP resides, but if it is 30 days, how awful. It has been two weeks, and it sounds dreadful.

As of now, I would not consider her "moved in." Two weeks is not a long enough period to establish tenancy. Outside of that, she does not have an income, so she is obviously not contributing to the funds to run the household. I would consider it no different than a family member coming to stay for a holiday.

It all depends on whether the OP owns the home or if it is a let. If it is a let, I would contact the landlord. Additionally, if their home is a let and the agreement stipulates that only those listed can reside there, she is an illegal tenant and can be asked to vacate. If they own their home, I would go the formal route and cover all my bases. If worst comes to worst, OP, you can always get your local law enforcement involved.

My Blog

Last edited by FullofLove1052; 10-30-2013 at 12:35 PM.