View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Would it be ok to ask..........how old are you ?
Have you always been prone to health problems - even if of a more minor nature ?
I'm 26.

No health issues in childhood. When I turned 20, I had a blood clot in my leg (DVT) and lung (pulminary embolism) and was diagnosed as being hyper-coagulative. That was the first big thing. But after getting on medication for it, things were quiet for a few years. I had dizziness and general malaise, which meant sick days and lateness at work so I lost a couple jobs - I really wasn't sure if there was really anything wrong or if it was depression (they were sucky jobs), and a neurologist found no reason for the dizziness.

In 2008 I got a really good job with amazing bosses who were understanding while I was trying to figure out what was wrong. It wasn't until I developed arthritis and was sent to a rheumatologist that Lupus was eventually diagnosed. Things got worse that year, with increased blood clotting that's been trying to kill off my right leg, rather crippling fatigue, joint pain. I wa already working part time with partial medical disability coverage, and then went on disability full time at the end of the year.

I haven't had any further flares so far this year, so I'm hoping things will get better. Still waiting for the darn test results on my breathing issues, but I don't think it's anything serious.