View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 AM

I voted for Dude - since he doesn't post here.

Since the question specified "all" of the people in partner's life, I had to answer "less than half" as there are a ton of peripheral people in my life that I don't share ANY personal info with (like co-workers and neighbors) as I am basically a private person. (It took me 3 years to learn the names of my neighbors for crying out loud )

Now, if you limit it to important people (i.e. people we care about) - probably more than half. We are out to friends (mine, MrS's, Dude's) - these are the people we socialize and hang out with regularly. They all know. Our immediate families know that Dude lives with us and we consider him "family" and we leave it at that. He is invited to all "family" functions that don't involve extended family (which we are not close to anyway).

Due to professional considerations (mine) - this will continue to be the case until I retire (hopefully in 10-15 years ). When we are traveling or someplace where I am not likely to be recognized by clients (concerts, restaurants in the city, etc)...we are out publicly as well. (I love the looks I get dancing with/kissing on/holding hands with my two boys...I'm a bit of an imp that way - I always read them as "jealous disapproval")
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe