View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneMystic View Post
*raises hand* I started subscribing to a philosophical view that I would later learn to already exist and be called "polyamory" in my late teens, thinking about the question "What is love?" (and no, the answer isn't "baby don't hurt me" ). My first actual relationship, however, didn't happen until I was thirty-two.

I'd never agree to enter a relationship unless it's open right from the start, and I'd definitely identify as poly regardless of the number of people I'm with - zero, one (<< my current sitch for the last five years, and not terribly likely to change soon, mostly because there are very few folks I'm actually compatible with), or more than one. For me, poly is more about rejection of monogamy/exclusivity as a model that does not fit my needs and values, than about any particular lifestyle in actual practice.
Here is a subsriber of a similar philosophy. I chose to be poly (and knew the word for it) before ever having any relationships at all. My choice happened after I got kicked out of the fundamentalist cult I was raised in, and needed to check all my values again, based on what I want vs. what the cult told you must do.

So I have experience of being single, having one partner and having two partners - always poly.

Last edited by Nadya; 10-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.