View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Official Greeter

Ah, but what if you're not allowed to pee yourself? See, now you're in trouble.

@ Atlantis ... so are you in trouble now, now that Prof expressed his version of "I love you" to you? Sounds like that was a no-no for him, wasn't it?

That's always astounded me, how sometimes people can, well, agree, that "neither of us will fall in love with anyone else." I suppose there must be some people who succeed in carrying out that agreement? In my mind I think there's gotta be, but emotionally I just can't wrap my "heart" around it. "I'm going to pre-dictate my emotions." Really? Emotions of any kind seem to me to be hard (at best) to "dictate," and that's nothing compared to the difficulty of dictating whether one will fall in love.

Sure you have the ability to decide whether or not to *act* on falling in love, but that's not the same thing as being able to snuff out the emotion itself. I guess maybe if you thoroughly separate yourself from the presence of the person you fell in love with, then the feeling will go away? but for me, that's tended to make it worse. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all that? As I said, I sure don't get how anyone can stop themselves from falling in love, but I'm willing to believe that some (many?) folks are able to do it.

Tough rule in my opinion, anyway. Rules about time and safe sex, heck yeah, anyone should be able to follow those (if they so choose), but not feeling a certain way? Damn, I get up in the morning with loads of anxiety, and I don't even know where it's coming from, let alone how to turn it off. Can I be a superhero and have that as my superpower? Sounds pretty sweet.