View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Default How about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
Suggestions were not even engaged. [...] There was not the slightest attempt of remedying the issues highlighted.
[/COLOR]
What suggestions would you like engaged that have not been?
What do you suggest as a remedy to the issues highlighted?

I think anyone who has followed this thread- Hi Joreth- knows how all involved feel about the various issues raised. I would like to remind everyone that this thread was originally about someone who said "fuck you"- period. Not allowed. Too fucking bad. Is that action to hold a user accountable for their language really evidence of all of this? If dissenting opinions really were being "squelched", would this thread exist, I ask you?

Of course the moderators behave like humans just like the rest of the members. When a person is feeling misunderstood, attacked, maligned, or just plain disagrees, mod or not, they have a right to voice that on here.

I have tried to just follow along and trust that everyone will say their piece and some kind of de-escalation will start to occur through discussion, but alas, the thread continues to spiral out and the tone does not promise resolution of the issues or a respectful agreement to disagree. Everyone here is obviously getting something from the site, or they would not spend any time arguing or opining about it. I can recognize that. Why argue if you don't care. There are a few other things a person could do with their time.

Now that issues have been raised, re-raised, quoted, misquoted and re-quoted, I'm going to ask everybody to take a breath.

This thread is no longer about what the OP posted. I am starting a new thread to facilitate (please!)productive discussion about specific issues and suggestions for the forum from anyone who would like to contribute. Let's get our kinks out now so we don't have to use situations such as the OP presented as a platform for our concerns. If we do not come together as a group with a common stake in this forum, the same grievances will come up whenever there is an opportunity. We're all about communication here, no? In any situation, if an issue is not resolved it will fester and crop up at every opportunity. That's just tiring and unproductive.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions here. I think it would be helpful if you do have a concern, to back it up with a suggestion, and let's leave the past bickering in the past and move forward together.

Grow or die, that's what I say.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.

Last edited by Rarechild; 03-16-2010 at 04:21 PM.