View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Official Greeter

Greetings Faerylights,
Welcome to our forum.

I almost get the impression that sometimes you try to be monogamous because that's what you're "supposed to do," but you keep finding that there is much happiness to be gained in the polyamorous relationship you share with this couple. I guess the very simple advice I have for you is, "Follow your heart," even though I know that's hard to do when you've been raised all your life to believe that something like polyamory is wrong.

One of the best benefits of joining a site like this is that you get to see that lots of people are polyamorous -- lots of perfectly good, sane people. You get to see that lots of people have figured out how to make polyamory work, and how to make it work well. So no longer do you have to be surrounded by judgmental, right-wing zealots. You have a chance to see the other side of the picture.

I would suggest just take your time and do lots of reading here. Find out what calls to you. And along the way, share with us your thoughts, questions, and concerns. It's a bustling site so if you happen to get lost in the shuffle, share again with a fresh post which will help put you back near the top of the "New Posts" queue.

PTSD is a terrible thing to deal with; my heart goes out to you. I am glad that you have companions who are so understanding and supportive.

Please keep us up to date with how things are going, and let us help if we can.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.