View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Official Greeter

Dude, seriously, I am trying to understand your posts and converse with them on fair and equal terms. I can obviously see that I'm not getting what you meant in your earlier post, but I implore you to believe me when I say it's not as easy for me to understand as you may suppose it is.

I thought I had the right idea. Oh well. Perhaps there is some other angle you can approach it at? We're both speaking English, but using some kind of incompatible dialect, it seems.

No offense, misinterpretation, or misrepresentation of your words was intended. I apologize if such was the type of thing I ended up doing.

Look, I'm getting the idea that somehow wearing clothes (and/or the dubious psychology that drives the wearing of clothes) causes people to misinterpret things and find meanings where no meanings are there. I do not understand how this mechanism works. I'd be happy for more enlightenment on the subject if I could get it.

By the way, could I ask folks in general to grant me a little leeway for speaking of things in a light-hearted way? not when the jokes are out of line; that's another matter. I just sometimes get the impression that I am sometimes taken more seriously than I intended to be taken. Given the seemingly heavy nature of what we're talking about, I sometimes give in to the temptation to try to lighten things up a bit. I hope you won't hold that against me; I mean no disrespect.