Thread: Babies
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsirenn View Post
I have considered getting surgically sterilized. It just seems so permanent.
Here is a thought. I had this problem with a guy I was just seeing many (over 10) years ago. My mom had made a stupid comment while I was on the phone with him about my being "late". You could almost hear his head snap up and his eyes go into "holy shit!" mode. He asked if I was, and since technically it was past the "normal" 28 days I said kinda but not really. He begged me to get a PT after which he said, "I have to go," and hung up. He called back about 20 minutes later telling me he had to run to the bath room cause he thought he was going to vomit! Talk about a negative reaction.

Anyway the point is he admitted to not really ever wanting to have kids and I asked him, why don't you get "fixed" then and solve the problem completely? He was thinking about it. After this conversation I went and looked up a little info on Vasectomies and discovered that THEY ARE REVERSIBLE!

From vasectomy.com:
Quote:
A vasectomy reversal is a micro-surgical procedure performed by a urologic surgeon to reverse sterility caused by a vasectomy. Statistics tell us that of the half million men who opt for a vasectomy each year, approximately five to ten percent will later elect to look into vasectomy reversal options.

Vasectomy reversal techniques involve reconnecting - in either single or multiple layers - the cut ends of the vas deferens, the small tubes that carry sperm from the man's testicles. The rejoined vas once again becomes a passageway for semen.
So in my opinion, if anyone should be thinking about sterilization, permanent or temporary, it would be the person who under no circumstances wants or can handle a child, ie. the boyfriend.

Maybe you should ask him about that too.