View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post

Does it really take from you? Do the three of you spend 24/7 of your waking time together? Is she always with you and T? Does K never take time for K?

You're absolutely right that time is precious, and our alloted amount is finite. For me, I'm required to spend a lot of time away from home, and my wife has some extracurricular activities that keep her really busy too. I could worry about loosing what little time I have with her to another partner, but I don't. I have enough to do between kids, hobbies, housework (If you read this dear, stop laughing! ) etc etc. Time isn't the problem we run into. Loss of connection is. Our solution to that so far has been to make sure what time we do have together is used to keep connected. Especially after a long absence.

It's about quality over quantity. I know that sounds like over-simplification, but I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Also, when you have separate extra-curricular activities, you have that much more to share and talk about when you are together. This goes for ALL of your relationships. Win-win for everyone. The cup is half-empty and half-full at the same time, but what really matters is what's IN the cup.