View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Well, Fly and my "rule" is after having sex 3 times with new person, on the idea that if it's gone that far, it's likely this person will be around for a while in whatever role (FWB, fuckbuddy, love) and may impact life and family stuff.

In reality, I tend to want to talk about people right away, as soon as I know I'm interested in them, because I'm a talker. Fly is not, and pretty much sticks to the 3-times guideline. However, he's more into new and shiny, and leans toward the one or two-night-stands rather than ongoing things, and even his ongoing lovers are pretty strictly friends (in a real sense) with benefits and not romantic entanglements. So, we rarely discuss his partners, and they rarely appear in day-to-day life except as far as negotiating child/chicken care.

Moonlight and I don't really have anything clear about this, and it hasn't come up because I haven't been seeing anyone but Punk and Fly since i met her. I will probably tell her right away also, and it will probably be ugly because I'm pretty sure she's monogamous at heart. But I respect and love her, and in my personal code that means I have to be not only honest, but also forthright with her.

Punk really couldn't care less.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo

Last edited by RainyGrlJenny; 10-10-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo