View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
At least not on those terms that have become stereotyped - the man, woman, and the hot bi babe at their beck and call, and not allowed to be with anyone else. I think there might be a few really successful triads where one or more of the members has relationships with people outside that triad, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
I'll hazard a guess that the majority of those nine, or even all, are accidental triads. I have never known a Unicorn Hunting couple to find someone for longer than a few months.
Doh! Yeah I’m sick with a cold (maybe the flu) and needed sleep badly when I made that post.
What I meant by “stumble” is indeed the “accidental” triads that sometimes form. Not a unicorn hunting couple who is stumbling into/through poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by central View Post
I find statistics fascinating, too, but they are hard to find (at least anything reliable) when it comes to non-traditional relationships.
Yep, that’s what I’ve noticed so far.

Not having much success in getting statistic on poly success versus failure.
I did find some statistic pointing to a correlation between Bisexuality and poly.

And I found that there’s a lot of newer poly news out there. I haven’t done any web searches on poly in a while. I’ve found so many good articles, from reading these forums, that the need to search “on my own” so to speak just hasn’t been present.

So here’s the link to an article that estimates that 40% of bisexuals, chose (or practice) poly (maybe non-mono is more correct). And estimates that 40% of polys are bisexual. Using those estimates says that there are about 3.1 million US polys. (paraphrased from the very end of this article)

Now to find a place to post the other interesting articles, and videos I found.

In LTR of 20 years, married for 13 years to Kuroi
Didn't realize we had a poly type relationship in High school. Exploring poly again now that our Child is older.