Thread: Why??
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Today I couldn't even tell you when's the last time I felt jealous. I suppose I might feel a microscopic twitch of jealousy now and again: not very often, not very painful, and not very significant. More like one of those weird thoughts that pops into your head out of nowhere and you think, "Where did that come from?"

Understand, then, that no matter how much harder it is for a monogamist to get past that jealousy than it is for a polyamorist: it can be done. It's all about figuring out what needs you need met, what special concessions, what little favors, what timely assurances, in order to soothe the owie feelings and make you feel like a whole person again. It takes a lot of time, patience, and communication. Did I mention it takes a lot of time? It won't happen overnight. But someday, maybe a year from now, you'll be able to look back and say, "Hey, I can see that I've made some progress."
Wow dude! That was an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing all that!!! I just came back to check the thread and BAM! Very inspiring!
D - R's wife & my girlfriend
R - D's husband & J's boyfriend