View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:48 AM

Had no idea about the documentary. I'll have to see if I can track it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
[I must beg to differ though] - we had some pretty "heated debates" there and on Nite Lites, etc. but the Sysops were all-powerful in those days! We didn't need no stinkin' moderators!
Don't get me wrong. We discussed all the hot topics from Sex, Politics, Religion, name it. There were arguments that would peel the electronic paint off the virtual walls of the chatroom.

But they always shared something in common...people didn't take differences of opinion personally.
They could vehemently disagree with someone on one thread with every fibre of their soul, and on another thread they could be walking lockstep together in a debate with someone else. They'd all still be sitting at a table together having a beer or pop or something once a week, often only hours after their latest post in a week-long ongoing debate. I do miss that part.

If there was any drama, it was usually a result of the dating that went on between the members. Grand spectator sport it was sometimes in the middle of a restaurant. But what would you expect from a bunch of kids?

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?