View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
The problem is in the choice of a new life. I am fine with all people already existing here - it makes sense to try and make their lives the best possible. Also, I am sure I would love my child and take good care of them. But living with the thought that I am responsible for this new life - I do not think I could handle that. How do other people do that? Why is it that this seems to be no problem to anyone else?
So the question is really, why is it so easy for some people to bring life into the world? (Not trying to be a PITA - just trying to make sure I'm answering the right question)

I haven't felt the way you admit to having felt: that you would just as soon have not existed. Not that I have not had some pretty dark thoughts and emotions in my past, but overall, I'm happy I was born and happy to be here now.

I was an "oops" baby. Mom was away at school and had to drop out, pregnant. Bio dad apparently pushed for an abortion, didn't get his way, and left. The odds weren't all in my favor, but I was raised in a loving family, and for all the "ugh" moments I had growing up, I had some really good ones. I enjoy life - to the point where I stop and take the time to take a deep breath after it rains, look for rainbows, rescue the earthworms that have beached themselves on the pavement - that sort of thing. I like to laugh. I like making other people laugh. I have fun in life and I do try to enjoy it as much as I can, even when the rat race gets in the way.

I wanted this for my children. I wanted someone else to experience the world. To grow up knowing family who love them, making friends, growing up in an age of wonder ('70s/'80s kid here - SO many tech advancements, and I see even more happening now)... so many opportunities, if they're not afraid to take them.

Not sure if I can get the emotion across without sounding even more cheesy, but that's it in a coconut shell - I love life. I love this planet (and space exploration? Whee!). There is SO much to see that I will never have time or opportunity to see, but I'm going to cram in as much as I can with the time and opportunity I have left. What a gift, to give that wide open EVERYTHING to someone.

A bit gooshy and over the top, but that's what I've got. You may all stop vomiting now.
Dramatis personae:
Me: Mono. Divorced, 2 kids (DanceGirl & PokéGirl), 2 cats, 1 house, many projects.
Chops: My partner. Poly, divorced, 2 kids.
Xena: Chops' other partner, Poly. In a relationship with Shaggy
Choplet: Chops' son
Noa, City, CheeseGirl, Curls: In relationships with Chops
Shaggy: Poly, in a relationship with Xena, ex of Bunny

External blog || Local blog