View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM

Things have been up and down, but all four adults now seem to be on the same page about what we WANT. We're just trying to GET there.

Neverwhere, Amanda and I went to our family counselor together. Amanda had never been despite being diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. It was hard for her. Her mother raised her to be afraid to speak up for herself or about thoughts and ideas,, called her stupid all the time, was just very cruel and abusive to her.

So for Amanda to think about opening up now.... she knows it will take a lot of work and she is TERRIFIED. I am trying to be very supportive of her and our friendship has grown through that. She now realizes she and Neverwhere are not primaries and I think that is hard for her but she gets it. She doesn't understand fully who he is NOW and she is trying to catch up. They had a bad marriage and it's odd for her to see him being so sweet and nice to her, to me, etc. She gets uncomfortable.

Things between Mark and I are going well. We've had a few disagreements, but that's to be expected. I think it's been hard for NEverwhere to see how easy that relationship is. He expected that he and Amanda would never fight and would have the easy relationship in the house. What was there to fight about? They're divorced. They're just dating now. They don't share finances or a lot of responsibilities beyond the kids. But yet they are the most difficult in the house. So it's been hard for Neverwhere to see Mark and I kind of breezing through it. He's been supportive, though. And we are all hoping for things to settle between him and Amanda.

Amanda and Neverwhere have a therapy appointment coming up this Thursday and I have high hopes for it. She requested it so perhaps she is ready to open up a little bit more to him. I hope that for both of them.
Mark - Neverwhere's brother and my roommate