View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Galagirl, yes, as scandalous as that all sounds it is pretty much the current situation. And yes we are actually friends though I will say that I doubt under other situations she and I would be more than friendly acquaintances due to our different personalities.

Here's the thing. This has been an on and off thing for at least the past five years. Sometimes she says it's what she wants and other times not. And I have stopped seeing BF in the past when she has said she's not comfortable with it. Though we did not this most recent time. So, yes, essentially it's an affair that my DH knows about. She tells my DH she loves him and wants to see him, but is not comfortable with it being out in the open. I don't know why.

I honestly don't know what would happen if we all say down and had that conversation. My guess is she would be beyond pissed and shut down. She would avoid us the best she could and she would put him in the dog house. I don't believe she would leave him. She works with my DH, so she would still have to see him. My guess is she would see it as all my fault. This was not something I pursued, but yes, it is something that I've continued doing.

Given the information about her personality. What would be the best way to try to bring things out? And I honestly don't know if I would be willing to tell her the extent of the past. I don't know. Maybe this is entirely the wrong forum for me to be in. I want one thing, but maybe things have gotten to the point where there is no way to make it work.

I am looking for suggestions on remedying the situation with hopes of it moving forward in a more positive direction.

Last edited by Indygirl78; 10-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.