Thread: BDsm
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Well, you could say that. Using BDSM as therapy, you wouldn't say to your partner "Time for therapy, darling!" You just start playing and the result is, or can be, therapeutic. Just like in vanilla fucking, you don't necessarily go into it thinking, "I need stress relief," but one of the results of sex is stress relief. You might become conscious over time that sM, sex, exercise like running or racketball are stress relievers, but there are other reasons to enjoy these activities, of course. Like, they are fun.

That's about the viewpoint I'd take on it. Maybe it has a side effect of being therapeutic, maybe it helps you to let your guard down and to practice being vulnerable if you're scared of being close to people due to past baggage, maybe it helps make you feel connected and bonded to a partner that you don't get to see as often as you'd like - lots of potential benefits to consensual BDSM from what I've seen on top of the "fun" aspect.