View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:30 PM

I agree with the "not needing a label" thing. I'm not the kind of person who needs to write a laundry list of labels in order to identify myself. I'm just "me."

But I do find that specific terminology is very useful when talking to people and explaining how I feel about certain things. If I can throw down a word and tell people to look it up, knowing they will find the same information that I could provide, but with much less effort on my part, I'm a fan of that.

My husband sometimes feels dissatisfied that I don't initiate sex. It will come up now and then, I'll make an effort for a while, then I'll get preoccupied with something else going on in my life and forget about it. I feel like having a label like this will help me explain to him why it is that I don't jump him, even though I very much do enjoy sex with him when it does happen. It will clarify that it's not about him, and I'm not a total freak for feeling that way.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."