View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Unemotional sex to me is basically like masturbating, using the partner as a sex toy. I am not in the least interested in that.
Yeah, that kind of sex makes me feel empty. I don't like it - I've been fingered to orgasm by strangers, and it made me feel strange enough that I never went further. The natural chemicals became disturbing to me.

Quote:
Your bf is, I assume, as young as you are? You're all college students?
Yep, 21.

Quote:
Do you and new bf fuck every day or does he have days where he needs to ejaculate and you're not there? So he just grabs a willing random girl at a bar or in the dorm, or some FWB and goes for it...? I guess random "hooking up" is all the rage with youngsters these days.
We have sex almost every day - best sex we've ever had. There's only one person other than me that he really wants to sleep with, and that's because they've had a flirtation for awhile. I'm only his third partner, so I think part of this is quite reasonable curiosity.

Quote:
Do you kinda sorta wish that, even though you and new bf are both poly, since your relationship is so new and exciting, you could both just focus on each other for a while? Rather than fucking every Tom Dick or Mary that crosses your path?
I don't think it has to be a binary thing. We're quite focused on each other, and there are one or two people I want to sleep with, so it's not like he's alone. (These people are friends, not just bodies.)

All that said, thank you for bringing up these points! I value your perspective and agree with it in many ways. (Our sex drive is similar, though, so I have to disagree with your gendered discussion! )

A: Poly boyfriend since 9/17/13, currently sexually open and not seeing other romantic partners but open to such in the future