View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
I would have "squelched" any post that said "fuck you" to someone. And I would handle this situation exactly the same way if I had to do it all over again.

Some things are subjective and one person's passive-aggressive can be another person's dry sense of humor. I don't see what there is to gain by saying that to someone other than to get them to say "fuck you" back.

I've never seen you say "fuck you" to anybody on this forum and you manage quite well. It's this little thing called "self-control". Some people have it, some don't.
That leads to a rather circular discussion involving subjectivity.

The term is "double standard." And when it comes to subjectivity, the playing field is the property of the moderators here. This includes the belief that some forms of insulting someone are better than other forms. Snideness, belittling, etc, are fine when done by the right people. "Certain members." Whoever happens to be friendly and share the same belief system with whoever.

I was held to blame for the obnoxious behavior of others simply for stating in one line my experience with *gasp* another forum. When other members actually created threads transparently to attack other groups, no moderation.

There is a glaring lack of certain members being held accountable for their words and posts in contrast to other members.

It is all up for "interpretation" and the "interpretation" of certain people are weighed above others.

I've already experienced the double standard here as have others.

As for expressing anger, there is nothing wrong with it and it is an absurd but often seen cop out stance by others to withdraw from discussion, shut down, or even go the extreme distance of "I'm attacked!" when others express the emotion.

I am very happy I found this online: The Uses of Anger by Audre Lorde.

This applies to situations like this. I already I have Sister Outsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I haven't even opened up the link so we're good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Yes, it's a shame we lost some good ones.
A glimpse of the dominant culture of the forum perhaps. Close the ears to differing views. Don't even look. And qualify the individuals that agree with you as the "good ones." Seems about right. Thank you for illustrating that Mono.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~

Last edited by Ravenesque; 03-04-2010 at 09:33 PM.