Thread: Matt's Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:31 AM

It's funny how I was more comfortable with her being on the other side of the world than seeing her here every day. Now? I'm missing her something serious. I can't wait to see her. I saw something I knew she'd love and bought the entire collection because it reminded me of her. Before she went to bed, she called to tell me she misses me and loves me. I can get used to that. What can I say? She's back in my heart. I've tried to stop it.

Adapting to monogamy after years of polyamory? Not the easiest feat. Relinquishing the need to always be independent and learning that there's more to marriage than being alone are things I'm working on now. It's going to take time to adapt to the way it is now.

My best mate thinks I'm lucky. Yeah, he doesn't realise how high maintenance she is. Dealing with that 24/7? I'm going to have to learn how to live with it full-time. I've dealt with it in pieces. Never full on. Man, I've got my work cut out for me.

I can see myself getting older with her. Spoilt nature and hard work included. She'll always be my rare masterpiece that's timeless and beautiful. Despite her shortcomings, I'm thankful for her and can't imagine another Mrs. taking her place.