View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
Your friend is okay with being used to work out your insecurities? Is she, like your BF, able to have sex without feelings getting involved?
I told her prior to the encounter that I wanted to do it precisely because I was nervous and struggling with jealousy, and she was really sweet about it. She seems able to have sex without romantic feelings, yes. She's been sleeping around and exploring a lot recently (including a really hot story involving her giving oral to another person with my BF present! ). The three of us are all friends, and she likes us as people, and we like her, and we all cuddle a lot in cuddle piles. It's all okay.

Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
Which myths?
Well, until this summer she said that penetrative sex was something to only do when she's in love, which is totally fine but had me a little confused by her recent sleeping around upon becoming single. And she used to have a lot of ideas about her worth as a partner being tied to her partner's lack of desire for others, but now she's dating a poly guy who's doing a really good job of introducing her slowly to things. It's good!

Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Not the approach I would take to gain new understanding of my BF. But you are you and I am me.

If all parties were consenting and happy to be there, then all parties where consenting and happy to be there. *shrug*

Thanks, GG. I didn't expect to gain such new clarity, just to face my fear and see it wasn't scary at all. And it was scary, but for a different reason than I expected that actually turned out being fine.
Me: 22-year-old female, cis and queer, have identified as poly for ~2 years, currently in my first committed poly relationship

A: Poly boyfriend since 9/17/13, currently sexually open and not seeing other romantic partners but open to such in the future