View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyInWA View Post
You can call it hypocritical, however I don't see it that way.
Hypocrisy: "the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense."

Do as I say, not as I do is hypocrisy. You can "see it" however you want.

Quote:
I thought the poly community was supposed to be a very non- judgemental group of people. Comments such as this are not only judgmental, they offend me because they could just as easily be said about my wife.
If you find a general statement assessing the value of an ideal to be offensive and judgmental then perhaps you are being overly sensitive.

As far as I can tell we are having a perfectly adult and civil discussion about relationship configurations and assumptions. If you don't personally agree with an assertion someone else made, feel free to put forward your reasoning. You may find that it will be more constructive than telling someone they shouldn't be "judgmental".

Quote:
Until you have walked in her shoes you have no right to challenge her on her insecurities. The same its true of Sweetone.
So in order to express a difference of opinion I must "walk in the shoes" of the person I am disagreeing with? Otherwise it is mean of me to even state a disagreement?

So it would be true to say that since you have never "walked in my shoes" that you are, in fact, out of line in saying that my description of "hypocritical" is "offensive and judgmental". Correct?

That is essentially saying "disagreement is bad, and it should not happen in any format" lol