View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyinPractice View Post
Sorry for sounding ignorant. ... but if you can't share your husband. .. how are you poly? And again.... maybe you're mono but poly friendly, in which case I feel even stupider. Nothing says mono people can't visit the forums.

I wasn't aware that there was a rule that you have to share your husband if you're poly. In fact, after a year of research into hot wifing/polyandry/polyamory lifestyles, I've never seen anyone say that. I've seen many, many poly stories where the husband has no desire to date outside the marriage, or one of the men in a V does, and one doesn't, etc. The one thing we've read over and over is that there is no one ideal poly dynamic.

What else would I call myself? I'm looking for a man to love--not just have sex with. That's not hot wifing, because I have no plans at this time to sleep around (not that that's a bad thing, I just don't feel like it's me) or have multiple relationships. I may come to the point someday where I have a boyfriend whom I decide I want as a lifelong partner, and when it crosses that line into a lifelong partner relationship, I'd identify more with polyandry. So until then, polyamory is the closest fit.

Also, regardless of whether I want to share my husband, he has no desire to date. He's gung-ho for me to date, but he's very happy with just me. I'm poly--he's not, but he's in a poly relationship with me. I guess that's the best way to describe it.