View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 PM

I took a Love Language quiz this morning and scored an 11 in Physical Touch. (12 is the highest score.) I was not surprised by this.

Physical Touch
This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face – they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Physical touch fosters a sense of security and belonging in any relationship.

Yeah, this is definitely me. My secondary is Quality Time.

Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there – with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby – makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Quality time also means sharing quality conversation and quality activities.

I had my husband take the quiz, and physical touch was in last place for him! I could have guessed that, actually. Quality Time and Acts of Service were his highest love languages. I am interested to see what M's would be.

Hinge in a poly-fi vee with two mono men
Wife to DarkKnight and PunkRockAwesomesauce

My Online Journal

Last edited by Bluebird; 09-22-2013 at 02:08 PM.