View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 AM

Thanks for the suggestions!

Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
We met a poly-friendly counsellor by getting a referral from a friend in the BDSM scene for someone who was BDSM-friendly.
Unfortunately, I don't have any connections in the local bdsm community. It probably wouldn't be polite to show up to a social gathering just to ask if anybody knows any good doctors, LOL.

I do have an acquaintance who is interested in joining that community, though. I suppose I could ask him to ask around, depending on how much personal information I was willing to share. But I think that at a certain point, as long as I'm not making people uncomfortable with the information, the wish for privacy is a hindrance to searching for the information I need.

Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Another option, look for your city's alternative-living/new-age magazine. They're usually on the rack in front of small/local/independent health food stores (i.e. not GNC) or alternative bookstores. They usually have ad sections for alternative medicine practitioners to advertise their services. That's how we found a good alternative-friendly counsellor after moving to a new city.
That is an excellent idea. My city has a couple of independant weeklies. I'll check them both out. Thanks!

Originally Posted by assets View Post

You may also find one in your area on here.
That's a useful link! Unfortunately, there's nobody in my city listed there, but there are a couple in a nearby city. Depending on how my search goes, I may even be willing to make the trip. Hopefully it won't come to that, though.