Thread: and so...
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 PM

Hmm. Methinks I was a bit over the top for most of you, perhaps. It wasn't intentional. I was actually going for a bit of silly and sarcastic. I don't do intros and talking about myself well, so I took it over the top for effect. I see that it was too much. Sorry, folks. My sense of humor is admittedly a little tongue in cheek, and less effective without tone of voice and body language to go with it, I suppose.

Anyway, if y'all are okay with the weird girl hanging out in the corner, then I'll stay. I ought to give more info about our situation, though it doesn't really matter. I'm not seeking advice or help really, just people to talk to that I don't have to hide a part of myself from. That's the hard part for me. I dislike deception and hiding, and yet, I have to do some of that because the redneck backwater I live in would flip over the words "polyamorous bisexual" and probably tar and feather me out of town. Heh.

If you made it this far and are curious about such things, my husband and I have been married for almost 18 yrs. I had girlfriends when I was young, before we met, but once we were together, we were (for the most part) monogamous. There was an issue or two, for each of us that, if we had known what we know now, would probably have been handled quite differently. Ah, but that is hindsight, which is a rather useless pursuit. However, I do think those things still had a hand in laying the groundwork for where we are now. Add in the fact we are both huge, huge Heinlein fans, and have been since long before we met, and you can see a bit of how we are fairly happily morphing into a poly couple. Or at least, we've accepted the idea that we have enough love for more than just ourselves, and have had some experiences in the last two years that have fed the idea. We've made a few beginner's mistakes and (hopefully) learned from them. Currently, we have no OSO's, nor are we looking, per se. What will be, will be. If love comes our way, fantastic! If it doesn't, we know how to be complete with one another.

So, that's us. I hope I wasn't too off-putting before. I'm just a bit of an odd duck is all.