View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM

miss pixi also told me she always tells the person who is doing her labs that she has been engaging in high risk behavior (up to and including unprotected anal sex with multiple random partners) (even though she doesn't!) just to get the most rigorous tests done on her blood. Paranoid? Maybe. But I don't blame her for wanting as much info as possible. I do too!

I've heard some dr's refuse to order HSV 1 tests just because it is so common to have been exposed, had an immune response, never get a lesion but still test positive. This would be the sign of a strong immune system keeping the virus at bay when it tries to ride up the nerves. However, I do not know if there is the possibility of asymptomatic shedding, and therefore transmission risk, in a person who has never had a lesion.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37