Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 AM

I can understand the dilemma I have read from some of those in here. I'm facing somewhat of the same issues. My hubby and I have told his family and mine... At first his family was going to take me in and help me divorce him cause I don't need to be treated that way, yadda, yadda, yadda.... They FINALLY after months and months realized he was not cheating on me and that I'm okay with it and is just as much of a part of it as he is. It's just the lifestyle we live. My family, however,is a different story....My mom hates him since she discovered we are poly. The rest of my family doesn't know; EXCEPT my aunt. Funny enough, it turns out SHE and my uncle are also poly. I had no freaking idea for years! Just like I didn't find out for years shee is bisexual, whereas I am bisexual,but I'm thinking the term is more along the lines of Pansexual.

Anyways, our neighbors FINALLY got the nerve up to ask us about our gf living with us.... when we told them we are poly they looked at us funny and one of the guys said "I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to live with more than one woman at a time" LMAO! But everyone else acts like I'm the victim and he's cheating yadda, yadda, yadda...

Wtf! Why is it so hard for people to understand that you CAN care for or love more than one person? Why is it so hard to understand that it's possible to be open like that? I've always been that way, I just never understood what it was or that it even had a name until the last few years.

So, yeah, I would offer advice if I had any, but I'm in the same boat with people looking at us funny. lol.

Sometimes I wonder if I should move to Europe or Germany because a lot of my friends from there are certainly waaaayyyy more open-minded and accepting about "taboo" stuff and they say that the majority of people there are generally more open-minded than we are here in the US. No wonder I have never felt like I fit in here in my own country LMAO!

Let' not even get into the subject of bdsm, s/m, golden showers, etc etc lmfao! The looks I get for those LMFAO! All I can say is I am so lucky and happy to have a hubby at least who is open-minded enough to try just about anything lmao!

But I am going off topic here, dang ADHD! Ooohh shiny! lol

But yeah, I wish I could offer advice, but I'm still trying to not scoff at or get pissed at people who start the whole "oh he's cheating! he's no good for you!" without stopping to think and realize that HEY! I'm just as much a part of it and it's not cheating if it's open between everyone. duh! *facepalms*
Remind me why I just grit my teeth and not slap them silly? lol