Thread: Dave's Story
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Really didn't mean it that way, it just seemed like an overreaction to online messaging responses. I see it far too often, that people read all sorts of hidden messages in what picture is posted or who they are talking to, etc. Believe me it's easy to get sucked into the the "OMG, she/he hasn't responded to my messages in ___ hours". I do it too, but I realize it's a knee jerk reaction and must be reasonable.

If she is already uncomfortable with you seeing new women and you are removing pictures of her from your fb (or such), for the benefit of these other "possible" women, I can see where she would now feel like she's becoming your dirty little secret or and that she no longer matters - even if that's not the reality. She is obviously not comfortable with the situation and the path you want to go on. Are you steaming ahead and expecting her to catch up or have you been trying to slow down to her speed? Sorry, didn't read your whole blog here.
No worries. I really do love candor. Especially in a forum like this.

Just the opposite. She's steaming ahead (she's had 3 bf including me for over a year, and one she's been hot and cold with plus some FWB), and has been encouraging me to do the same. Except she doesn't want to have any hint that I'm doing it. I previously thought she didn't want any specifics, but she made clear, "women I might be seeing" will set her off.
Stakes - very intimate friend