View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
A lot of the stories I hear of casual sex, especially from women, often involve [sometimes excessive] use of alcohol.

It almost makes you wonder how much they "really" want to do it, and how much they're using the alcohol to "numb the pain" and emptiness of what they're doing. I know there's a lot of pressure in high school these days to not be a virgin by the time your'e 16, as well as a lot of pressure to drink and smoke pot (other drugs too, but to a lesser extent so far). All of these things in combination are such a recipe for disaster. I mean don't get me wrong, I think it's great for young people to explore their sexuality at their own rate, and learn what they like and don't like.
I am in a town that thrives on casual sex, drugs and alcohol. I can honestly say most people here drink because they like to drink, it helps with the flirting and gets them sex. There are probably regrets but when you are horny and don't have time to make that intimate connection, alcohol speeds things past the talking into sex. I have never heard any of my female friends (including my ex or my wife) say they were doing anything to numb the pain...they get horny, they need relief.

That said, I am sure there are quite a few who do have their regrets, hopefully these are in the minority.

This is especially true for something new. My wife and our now ex gf, had some drinks to relax on our first night of exploring. No dulling of the pain, just a little help to calm any nerves.