View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Rest is the most important part of working out. Its what heals the muscles and helps them grow stronger. Are you early on? It sounds like you may be pushing your workouts to more extreme then your body is used to?

You don't mention how long you have been working out? What your minimums are.. etc.

Everything you have described.. sounds like you need rest. Try alternating like traditional body building to give broad areas of muscles rest.

Is a good split to help you get as much rest as possible..

Dropdowns, also known as negative reps also cause the most "damage" might wanna rest abit more after those.

Oh ya.. eat.. eat lots.. protein to help you heal. Really you have to play with your food to figure out what helps you. Personally Paleo suits me well, my body absorbs proteins nicely and I tend not to work well with carbs in my system leaving my lethargic in the afternoon. I have traditionally done the 30x30x30 system which has suited me as well. As long as I keep my carbs lowish and low glycemic I heal well and grow strong.

Split your workouts

Grow stronger and enjoy

(throw in some other routines too.. pistol squat, russian pushups, burpees and other ploymetric style workouts)

Oh ya, TRX rocks. Truly kickass stuff. I love suspended workouts.

I do try to workout often, but I travel frequently so sometimes bodyweight exercises are all I have. Gets difficult for motivation since I truly love to move heavy things. Hopefully some of those sites help you out.

Oh.. one thing I love about bodyweight exercises are the freedom.. go play on a playground.. screw pullups, just climb arond like a monkey, don't try to touch the ground. Make challenges for yourself like when you were a kid. Betcha its still a workout ..
Boy howdy, I wish I could do that!~ XD I live in San Bernardino City, California, U.S.A., almost right next to the bridge that goes over the freeway!~ XD I would LOVE to go some where in the wilderness and just climb everything go WILD-> I'm ALWAYS saying natural movement is the greatest workout!~

As it stands: I'm in the Navy BUT I'm in the DEP meaning I have yet to start basic training and it will be months before I start and I don't get paid until I START basic training 4 months from now in February.~

No money=no gas=no car.~ Plus my parents don't want me doing anything too "dangerous" because if I get injured that could stop me from going to basic and maybe even discharged ("fired").~

There are no playgrounds near my house just lots of concrete, bricks, road, and a grass and trees park/library (no playground) about 5 minutes drive from my house, but no money=no gas=no car.~

I DO however live on almost an acre of land, small house but HUGE backyard it's like a grass-field in the spring with 1 tree in the middle of it, 1 tree next to the storage shed, and 1 tree next to the neighbors fence. I wouldn't be so sure about the stability of any of these trees though, they look more like the "undead" kind that is they look like their skin is brittle and might come-off but their cores seems to be strong as it took a long time for my dad to trim the 1 near our neighbors.~

I have an 'old-fashioned' 2-metal poles in the ground clothes-line with the line taken down.~ I've been using this for my chin-ups and pull-ups.~ I work with what I have, in the future I'll be all about natural movement but for now I use what I got.~ I still manage to come up with A LOT of creative new exercises using only my own body weight!~ ^_^

I hear so many kinds of advice, tear your muscles they'll heal stronger!~ Rest, let your muscles heal!~ I'm not the kind of guy to separate work-outs like that.~ Maybe I should just take it easy on the arms for awhile or maybe not do any exercise for a week and see what happens (that will be tough mentally)?~ XD

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 09-14-2013 at 06:25 AM.