Thread: Opening up...
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclustit View Post
There isn't anything right or wrong about any style or dynamic that personally works for you and your partners, but do the questions and the details put forth by the OP honestly sound like those suggestions are going to help?

It seemed like he was saying he is having trouble adjusting to non-monogamy, specifically the sex aspects of it as he it sounds like his wife already has a close relationship with a another, just that right now they are abstaining from sex, does it honestly sound like

"Psh, I do what I want with my sex drive. Someone being 'upset' because they aren't getting their fair share needs to realize that life isn't fair... and that I am not a commodity they have stock in. "

is going to help this person who is coming here saying "here's my problem, any advice?"
Dirtcluster, Marcus addressed his comment to gorgeouskitten, not the OP. See:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeouskitten View Post
i think J would be pretty upset if Nudge got the majority of that and he got the short end of the stick.
Psh, I do what I want with my sex drive. Someone being 'upset' because they aren't getting their fair share needs to realize that life isn't fair... and that I am not a commodity they have stock in.
Really, a person keeping a tally of which lover their partner has sex with most and getting upset if they are getting less than their partner's other partner does, seems rather possessive to me, especially if they feel entitled to use their upset to control their partner's behavior. Sure, if they feel left out or dismissed, they need to deal with that, but their partner's body and sex drive isn't a commodity to compete for.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 09-13-2013 at 05:32 AM.