View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
Now, I totally agrees that stuff gets caught in hairs. I've hair untouched pubic hair, trimmed, completely waxed, etc, and it's true that during my period some blood gets into the hairs. So I wash there, and to be honest I prefer having that obvious sign that I need to wash, because without it, I might not think about it, and it would be gross.

I do wish people didn't think of bidets in such a negative light though. People here seem to think of it as something that squirts water up your ass, but I've never encountered a bidet that had that function.
Really, it's like a sink. We have sinks because we need to wash our hands more often that our whole bodies. It would be silly to take a new bath or shower every time we wash our hands.
Similarly, we really should clean our genitals and asses more often than the rest of our bodies. I personally like the option to wash them after using the bathroom, in the same way that I wash my hands, and I like having the option to wash off during my period without needing to take another shower multiple times a day.

I wish bidets were more commonplace in North America because of that.

But I totally understands that we need to adapt to our life constraints. If it's more practical for you to trim so that when you use public bathrooms, it's less of a mess, because you have to wait until the evening to actually wash properly, that's fine. But that doesn't mean everyone who doesn't shave is dirty.
Some people think of shaving or waxing as something that avoids the hassle of cleaning with water and soap. Others find that shaving/waxing is the bigger hassle for them or, like me, feel dirty just the same when they're shaved.
I mean I might wipe blood off my labia, but it's never going to clean it. It's taking some off on the paper, and spreading the rest more on my skin. I certainly don't feel cleaner after doing that until I properly wash with at least water, and preferably soap.
I 100% agree, especially with the part I put in bold.~ I do not understand how people can wipe themselves after defecating and think they are 'clean'.~ In fact many people from the middle-east often view Americans' cleaning habits as filthy and disgusting because of this very reason: dry-wiping is a poor-substitute for washing with soap and water also because paper is considered holy and to wipe your ass with it is considered blasphemous.~ Honestly, many of the things Americans think of as 'logical' I think are completely the opposite and I myself am an American born and raised.~

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
piss and blood stink. i am often aware of people who are menstruating or pissy when in an enclosed space with them. Someone just reminded me that I am particularly sensitive to smells and maybe that's why I feel so strongly about it but either way, I can smell when a woman is on, I can smell when she has residual piss clinging to her and I can smell people when they have been sweating all day and now smell stale. All makes me heave.
I know the great many benefits and the great many disadvantages of having a highly sensitive sense of smell.~ I've learned to expose myself more and more often to a variety of smells both horrible and wonderful alike to me.~ By doing this I have slowly over the years diminished the number of things I find disgusting and that make me want to vomit.~ In a world full of horrible disgusting and wonderfully awesome smells, you almost have to train yourself to be able to withstand even the extremist of smells, it is definitely far from easy but it not impossible.~

Trying to change the world you live all at once is almost impossible, but learning how to toughen yourself up to it's many cruelties including smells is some thing you can work towards if you have the resolve to.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 09-12-2013 at 12:41 AM.