View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
The issue with hair removal associated with Hygiene is just like the association of Circumcision with Hygiene: it is more psychological than having any concrete non-disputable basis in scientific reality.

Yes, shaving can help prevent many illnesses or conditions of the genitals, but so can WASHING and WEARING A CONDOM, the same goes for the foreskin that circumcision claims to "help".~

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather get off my lazy bum and wash my body & avoid having sex with people without a test first rather than shave or cut off various parts of myself.

Here's an interesting fact: circumcision DOES NOT PREVENT STDs NOR HAS BEEN PROVEN TO "REDUCE" STDs (WITH UNDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE FOUND IN A PROPERLY CONDUCTED STUDY) <-THIS IS THE PART MISSING FROM SO-CALLED "STUDIES".~
The two things are not even comparable. I am strongly against elective circumcision without medical indication. The reason I find excess body hair (particularly pubic and underarm) unhygienic is because blood, vaginal discharge, fecal matter, sweat and other substances that leak out of one's pores cling to the hair creating a warm, damp swamp - an ideal ground for bacteria to breed. This is what makes one stink. That is proven scientifically. There is also no way to get your deodorant where it needs to be if you have hair in the way.