View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post
You must be excited about getting to travel.

I think you will have more experience of different cultures than you think. The US is a massive country with very different cultures within it.

I live in Scotland - a tiny country and it has massive differences in culture in it. Glasgow and Edinburgh are a 45 minute train ride apart and could not be more different places to be. The Western Isles in Scotland have their own cultural norms as well.

There are different norms as well depending on age, social class etc etc etc.

And then within each group are people who don't fit in with the norms.

If I were you, I would get to know people as individuals. Find out about them and their attitudes toward life, love, sex and friendship and see if they match up to your own.
You're absolutely right, I'm more of person who sees people as individuals, but I guess ignorance and stereotyping can sneak up on any one!~
Thank you!~

I very much liked your information on the Scottish people, perhaps instead of having this thread as about people outside the U.S.A. in general it would be nice if we could use this thread to learn more about all kinds of people from every where!~

If any one has any experiences or knowledge they could teach us about any one from any culture or any experiences or any thing they've learned, that would be great!~

Not to use this information as to learn about ALL people of one country or another, but just to learn maybe a little bit maybe some thing about some culture or some specific people like Bob or Joe.~ We could all, but especially I, could benefit from any knowledge any one has to share!~ Learning is so much fun after all, well at least for me it is!~ ^_^