View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
You have expressed no interest in learning about "other cultures". You have lumped everyone outside the borders of your home country into one backwards traditionalist blob and asked to learn about that blob. That blob is a product entirely of your own imagination, it has no culture to learn about. If you had asked about a particular country or a particular area then you might not have sounded so utterly insulting toward everywhere outside the US.

No. In my edit I was offering 16 years of naval experience to tell you why you will likely find yourself disappointed if you expect to build lasting relationships with people you meet while deployed. Any apology you read into it was not intended.
My questions were more in general about what is it like outside the United States or on this planet in general, it was never meant to be a specific series of questions with expected specific answers.~

I am only asking what each and every person who has had experience in this sort of general area of questions' subjects experiences were and any advice they could give to a novice to sea travel such as myself.

You have done this and I am grateful: thank you for the advice, it was very insightful!~ ^_^

I never meant to make it appear as if I was lumping all foreign people together as I tried to distinguish my questions accordingly, I meant SOME people from SOME countries that I have no idea the origin of.~ ^_^

But ultimately no matter what I intended my series of questions to mean, I can not change your interpretation of them nor your continued interpretation of them, that is some thing from you.~ ^_^

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 09-07-2013 at 12:06 AM.